- I dunno where to begin with this Kavanaugh and Republican insanity. Follow me on Twitter to see all the relevant tweets. I think this one tweet says it all:
Hello, female high school student here. I would just like to say that the emergence of this whole “teenage boys should get a pass because they’re not mature enough to understand consent” narrative is probably one of the most unsettling things I have ever witnessed.
— Emma Thatcher (@emmajthatcher) September 18, 2018
- The Haunting of Hill House trailer on Netflix looks spooky as hell.
- A must read thread on the AIDS crisis.
- Bert and Ernie ARE queer and all this is the same dance I was talking about here with Cass and Dean.
- Thandie Newton is fantastic.
- On Bryan Singer directing Red Sonja: NO NO NO NO NO.
- Alexandra Petri writes the most perfect words. Read her.
- Objectivity is key in journalism especially when covering friends that are child molesters, wouldn’t you think?
- Chelsea Clinton has more grace than most of us.
The GOP is cruel to women on its own; it hardly needs inspiration. But it’s worth noting that Putin, who Trump admires and emulates, decriminalized domestic violence last year. One can envision Trump seeking similar initiatives and the GOP (and possibly SCOTUS) supporting him. https://t.co/xJzZH6XFWY
— Sarah Kendzior (@sarahkendzior) September 19, 2018
– Tamir Rice was 12 years old when the Cleveland PD killed him
– Trayvon Martin was 17 years old when George Zimmerman killed him
– Michael Brown was 18 years old when Ferguson PD killed him
Think again if your defense is “Kavanaugh was too young to be judged”.
— Nathan H. Rubin (@NathanHRubin) September 17, 2018
When a woman says, “This man raped me a long time ago,” we say, “But that was in the past.” When a girl says, “This boy raped me last night,” we say, “But we can’t wreck his future!” And there she stands, suspended between his past and his future, with no value of her own.” https://t.co/EZUW3wlWeO
— Anya / Dr. Strangely Literal 🦕 (@StrangelyLiterl) September 19, 2018
It’s interesting how there’s a nearly total overlap between people who believe in forgiving boys for sexual assault and people who believe girls who have consensual sex deserve to be punished with forced childbirth.
— Amanda Marcotte (@AmandaMarcotte) September 19, 2018